Thursday, July 16, 2009

Day 16 - Dara Dara

When I was asked to choose an inspirational figure at the start of PCP, I had not idea who I would like to model at. So I started to google online to check out anyone that could inspire me to get to my peak condition.

The thought that ran through my head was - what will be the physical affirmation of my ultimate fitness? I never had flat abs / six packs in my life to date (not the body builder kind, but the really fit and taut sort), so I decided that since that's what I would like to have at least once in my life time, it's time to take action and just get it off the checklist.

That's when I started to google : sports female abs.


And that was how I came to know of Dara Torres (first on the list in google image!)


I had heard of DT during the Beijing Olympics and knew that she was 41 yrs when she took part in the games. But never would I had imagined that at that age, she maintained such a admirable mental strength and physique! Man, I am reaching my big 3 and I am no where near.

I read up more on DT and that's when I decided that she will be my inspiration to my physical health, and also a figure to remind me to persist with great determination and to set the bar higher and higher for myself to be the best I can be.



As I proceed with the PCP, I realised that this is not just a journey to a physique goal, but one that requires much discipline and perseverance that will impact me physically, mentally and emotionally.

Onwards to 30 and more!


1 comment: